An Unmotivated Veteran?
Anyone who’s been in the military, knows about how to get motivated and stay motivated. There’s pressure to accomplish a task or pass a test, and therefore, we must put forth the effort to be the best and do the best we can. I know, I’ve been there!
Let’s talk about motivation as it relates to exercise, and as to how it relates to the woman officer, the veteran, or what I was, the Army officer. I was highly motivated to get the best score on my PT test, or physical fitness test. In a way, I was excited about it, cause I got the chance to do what I enjoy but at the same time, I got butterflies, cause I really wanted to nail it. I like to show what’s possible from an older woman.
Fast forward to now, veteran or retired military status. Now, you don’t have to exercise for any outside reason, such as employment requirements. Now, you have to impose the exercise on yourself but do you? I’d venture to say, many veteran or retired military women don’t exercise or not nearly as much to make an impact or get the results they want. Women are expected to do more in life. To be everything to everyone. To work hard, take care of their child or children and significant other, and probably take care of others, with little time spent taking care of themselves. As each day passes, the veteran or retired woman gets more and more out of shape and less happy about it (sad/depressed).
Let’s stop this cycle! I know you are definitely capable of doing so much as you’ve proven before, but how do we get started? Usually a simple decision or series of decisions.
- Smile, this will be fun!.. eventually. A wonderful journey awaits your sign up with other people just like you!
- Let’s motivate each other in a free Facebook motivational group, sign up here.
- Understand the benefits of exercise. This extends beyond the weight loss part that we normally think about. Mind, body, friendships or social and so much more.
- Schedule time. Will it be morning, midday or evening? Each day is different.
- Find an alternative time too, just in case your child has an illness or something gets in your way!
- Forgive yourself if you’ve missed it today. There’s tomorrow, so keep on going.
- Repeat this list daily.
I’d love to hear from you. Let’s chat so I can get to know you and help you get started. Once in motion, always in motion!! Contact me for a free 15 min chat, schedule here. or contact me. And grab those 5 Fat Burning Tips today!