Healthy Recipe: Kale Chips
You can lose weight over 40!
Recipe type: snack
- 1 large bunch of kale (I used the curly kind)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash kale, remove the inner rib or stem, and tear into chip-size pieces. Make the pieces a little larger than you want the chips because they will shrink.
- The kale must be thoroughly dried. I ran it through a salad spinner, laid it out on paper towels for 5 minutes, and then ran it through the spinner once more.
- Put the kale pieces in a gallon plastic baggie and add the olive oil. “Massage” the kale to ensure that each piece has a coating of oil.
- Arrange the kale in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or you can place them right on the sheet). You may need a to use more than one sheet or bake in batches.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Use a bit less than you think you need because the kale shrinks and the salt intensifies.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the kale is crisp and slightly browned.
- If the chips last more than 5 minutes (mine did not) you can store them for 2 days in an airtight container or bag. Make sure they are cooled thoroughly before storing.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. You are invited to be part of our Motivational Weight Loss Challenge! Learn more here.
Bookmark & Share