Baked Pineapple Chicken – Healthy Recipe
~ A taste of the tropics with pineapple and ginger! ~
Prep Time: 15 + marinating
Bake: 45 min
½ cup chicken broth
- 6 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground ginger, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (6 oz ea), skin removed
- 2 cans (8 oz each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp orange marmalade
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine the broth, soy sauce, and 1 tsp ginger; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 C juice; set aside ½ C pineapple (refrigerate remaining pineapple and juice for another use).
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the pineapple, orange marmalade, lemon juice and remaining ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in a baking dish, coated with cooking spray. Top with pineapple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
per serving: 207 calories, 26g protein, 18g carbohydrates, 3g total fat (1g sat fat), 68mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 1g fiber TasteOfHome.com
Bookmark & Share