Keep exercise simple and do it at home. But will you actually do it? Will you exercise at home if you knew that what you are doing is effective? Would you exercise at home if you were having fun?
Here’s what you need to be successful in exercising at home:
- A reason: What do you want to accomplish? Health, weight loss, size loss. Make it personal and real to you. It must be someone you don’t want to do without, you must have it by a certain date. You’re sick of not having it…
- Something fun and motivating: When it’s fun, it’s not work. So enjoy, have fun and you will want more.
- Someone to exercise with occasionally, but not all the time: Having an exercise partner is great, but not all the time. You don’t want to lean on someone, just enjoy someone’s company occasionally.
- Some tools of the trade: Use a heart rate monitor to be sure you are getting a good healthy workout. Don’t waste your time and use some gadget to let you know the truth of your workout.
- Accountability: Log in your workout daily on a spreadsheet or diary, or an online community. Then share it with others, especially someone who has your best interests in mind, a coach. If you would like the online community, just click join as a free member and then log in your workouts. Simple.