Some bad news, some good news. If you eat only an extra 100 calories a day, you could gain 10 pounds by the end of next year. Good news… if you cut 100 calories a day from your diet, you could be lighter!! This can be really simple from adding in a little more exercise and/or substituting food items or not eating something that is unnecessary.
The best way to cut 100 calories from your diet is to get rid of empty sugar calories. Not only will you lose some weight but you will feel better due to more stable blood sugar. When you eat sugar, your body wants more sugar. By cutting it, you will end up cutting more empty calorie food.
Here’s your challenge: Change your eating pattern, just a little by follow these guidelines and you will be 10 pounds lighter in 350 days. Caveat… if you already don’t eat enough, start by eating enough – happy to assist.
Best Ways to Cut 100 Calories
- Skip the large glass of orange juice and have an orange instead.
- Never eat a whole bagel, ½ is more than enough.
- You don’t need over a cup of oatmeal, try ½ a cup instead.
- Have eggs without the toast.
- Keep in mind every packet of sugar in your coffee is 10 empty calories.
- No soda, have sugar free ice tea or water.
- Don’t have the roll or piece of bread with your soup or salad.
- Stay away from sandwiches that are made with rolls or heroes. Have a small pita instead.
- Eat tuna or chicken salad on a bed of lettuce not on bread as a sandwich.
- Tortilla wraps are 13-inches of empty calories; make the wrap with ½ a tortilla.
- If you’re having grains, measure out 1/3 of a cup. Anything more is overdoing it.
- Substitute vegetables for another serving of rice.
- Have ½ of a large baked potato instead of a whole one.
- Start the meal with salad instead of bread.
- Keep the bread off the table; try thin bread sticks if you have to
- Buy pre-measured snacks, no more than 100 calories.
- Choose fruit over a bag of pretzels.
- Choose plain yogurt over flavored yogurt.
- Choose flavored seltzer over soda.
- Choose celery stalks over dried fruit.
Getting rid of 100 calories can be pretty easy if you follow the list above. All you have to do is just pick one meal and make the 100-calorie change and you could be 10 pounds lighter by the end of the year. One last suggestion that has changed the weight of many is substituting Shakeology for a meal or high calorie snack – it’s low calorie, low sugar, yummy and actually fills you up – check it out here.
Let me know if you have any good ideas for cutting 100 calories from your diet.