Healthy Recipe: Corn Chowder
~ A hearty soup for this cold winter ~
Make this delicious chowder ahead and leave it in your crockpot to cook while you shovel that snow or snuggle up with a good book!
Ideal crockpot size for this recipe: 4 qt.
- 1/2 pound lean turkey bacon
- 4 C diced potatoes
- 2 C chopped onions
- 2 C Fat-free sour cream
- 1.5 C fat-free milk
- 2 — 10.75 oz cans fat-free, low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 — 15.25 oz cans fat-free, low-sodium whole-kernel corn, undrained
- Cut bacon into 1″ pieces. Cook for 5 minutes in large nonstick skillet, doing it in two batches so all the pieces brown.
- Add potatoes and onions and a bit of water. Cook 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine sour cream, milk, chicken soup, and corn. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low for 2 hours.
Per serving: 260 calories (70 cal from fat), 11g protein, 8g total fat (2.5g saturated, 0g trans), 25mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium,
37g total carbohydrates (3g fiber, 10g sugar)
Bookmark & Share