Healthy and Festive Holiday Squash
You can Lose Weight Over 40!
Here’s a very festive take on acorn squash, but you can also use a pumpkin or a couple of butternut squashes!
Heathly Recipe: Healthy and Festive Holiday Squash
Here's a very festive take on acorn squash, but you can also use a pumpkin or a couple of butternut squashes!
Author: Francesca Kotomski
Recipe type: Vegetable Side
- The largest acorn squash you can find.
- 1 cup home made chicken stock
- ½ cup brown rice
- cranberries, celery, onion, nuts, apples, and all the spices and other ingredients that you normally add to your favorite turkey stuffing.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place the squash cut side up in a baking dish with just enough water to barely cover the bottom of the dish.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, bring your chicken stock to a boil, add the rice, fruit, nuts and spices then, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Next, take your soft but not quite done squash out, fill each half with the rice stuffing and return to the oven for 15-20 more minutes until it's done.
- You will find that your whole kitchen smells wonderful, in addition to having a pretty vegetable dish for your holiday table!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post. You are invited to be part of our Motivational Weight Loss Challenge! Learn more here.
Bookmark & Share