Minty Citrus-Ginger Flavored Water
Total Time: 5 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: None
Preparation Difficulty: Easy
Yield: 1 serving
1 cup ice
2 slices fresh orange
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
4 fresh mint leaves
1¼ cup cold water
1. Place ice in tall glass; set aside.
2. Combine orange, ginger, and mint in large cocktail shaker. Mash well with back of a wooden spoon or muddler.
3. Stir in water; cover and shake.
4. Strain into ice-filled glass and enjoy*.
*For a clear beverage, strain through a cheese cloth.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 0 g
Healthy Recipe - Minty Citrus-Ginger Flavored Water
Are you having a hard time getting your servings of water into your day and your body? Here's a great alternative to the old flavorless water. This refreshing citrus mocktail will keep you hydrated and tastes delicious. Substitute sparkling mineral water for a lightly carbonated beverage.
Author: Francesca Kotomski
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1 cup ice
- 2 slices fresh orange
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 1¼ cup cold water
- Place ice in tall glass; set aside.
- Combine orange, ginger, and mint in large cocktail shaker. Mash well with back of a wooden spoon or muddler.
- Stir in water; cover and shake.
- Strain into ice-filled glass and enjoy*.
- *For a clear beverage, strain through a cheese cloth.